soundBarrier - Grey Mix 01 *Trance Classics*

enRu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Trance fans & AH.FM members, :friends:

Very proud to share with you all...
Grey Mix 01

Normally the trance sets I post, are called White Mixes (sets made with new trance releases). This first grey set however, I made because of the never-ending love for TRANCE CLASSICS, call them "sticky" or played grey)

Not all people might be aware of the beautiful history of trance, some might have discovered trance much later or just recently. Why not share what an epic history trance has. In my case that began around 1993, I decided trance was the music I absolutely loved and I never stopped loving it since. I started off partially due to starting to get to know the broader sides around Bonzai records back then (known for harder old-school retro house which I loved too). In that time I came across legendary (Belgian) clubs like Extreme, Lagoa, Illusion, Bel-Air, At The Villa, etc etc... where I heard some of these beauties arise. That is for me a memory that remains forever and that is probably also the best thing that happened in my life.

Though these days, I hear some artists losing the true value of trance, too much pop-a-like, electro in trance labels, dub-step in trance, some claim you have to be open for new things, I check it out sometimes but for me trance is trance and nothing else. Other new genres can be nice to hear too, but they are simply not trance and will never be! Trance has a long and epic history and so here is a reminder of the good old trance days. I can only say that these tracks back then were absolutely truly amazing. In the early days, trance tracks had an average of 10 minutes and had most of the time an amazing buildup that will give you goosebumps, breakdowns that you WILL remember and it will give you shivers when the songs are launched again, pure energy.

Please note that I mix a kind of old-school way. I always try to feel transitions (so I don't use a thing called sync lol). I listen to the music flow as best as I can to mix. After all that is the fun of mixing, so please bare with me :p

Feel free to post your comments and enjoy my first small selection of Trance CLASSICS.

Enjoy Grey Mix 01!

CoverGrey01.jpg

<All tracks on itself are copyrighted by their respective copyright owners. Mixed by soundBarrier>

Quality: 320 Kbps MP3
Length: 1h48m12s
Tracklist:

01. Fire & Ice - Para Siempre (Original Mix) [Made In England - UK-2005]
02. DJ Fire - Himalaya (Original Mix) [Progrez - GER-2005]
03. Airbase - Escape (Original Mix) [Intuition Recordings - NL-2006]
04. Arksun - Arisen (Airbase pres. Parc remix) [Armind - NL-2006]
05. Dave Davis - Underground Subway (Moogwai Remix) [Bonzai Records BE-2001]
06. Humate - Love Stimulation (Oliver Lieb Softmix) [Jive - GER-1998]
07. Insigma - Open Our Eyes (Odyssey 1 Mix) [A Trance Community Release - UK-2002]
08. M.I.K.E. - Turn out the lights (Hiver & Hammer Remix) [Armind NL-2003]
09. Planisphere - Moonshine (Original Mix) [Green Martian - BE-2001]
10. Alibi - Eternity (Original Mix) [Armind - NL-2000]
11. Unknown Source - Nadjanema (Airbase Remix) [Afterglow Records - GER-2003]
12. Primo Lux - Turnpoint (Original Mix) [Galactive - NL-2004]
13. Yahel & DJ Miss T - Going Up (DJ Tiesto's Magikal Remake) [Black Hole Avanti - NL-2000]
14. Oudja – Never Tell What You Think (Pulsedriver Remix) [Bonzai Trance Progressive UK-1999]
15. Energy 52 - Café Del Mar (DJ Paul Kid Mix) [Eye-Q Records GER-1993]
16. Luke Cage - Dawnbreaker (Original Mix) [Black Hole Recordings UK-1998]
17. L.S.G. - Risin' (Original Mix) [Superstition Records - UK-2000]

Download here
or
check it out via Soundcloud
or
visit my website for more mixes and info

Last edited:
Awesome set mate, listening for 2 days already :bow:

Thanks for sharing mate, i love classics too

Back